Winners of Maldives Boating Awards 2018 have now been announced at the gala held at the main convention centre of Dharubaaruge in the capital of Male’ City on 23rd December 2018.
The following are the categories in which the winners were announced.
- Liveaboard Operator of the Year: Voyages Maldives
- Liveaboard Brand of the Year: Carpe Diem Maldives
- Bunkering and Fuel Supplier of the Year: The Hawks Pvt Ltd
- Best Liveaboard Yacht Built: Leo Safari
- Best Surf Safari: Horizon 2
- Most Preferred Marine Equipment Supplier of the Year: Deep Blue Marine
- Most Preferred Marine Paint of the Year: International Marine Paint, Seagull Marine
- Most Preferred Marine Engine of the Year (Outboard): Yamaha, Alia Investments
- Most Preferred Marine Engine of the Year (Main Engine): Yanmar, MTCC
- Most Preferred Marine Generator of the Year: Soul Diesel
- Best Dive Safari: Sachika
- Best Fishing Safari: Dolphin 1, Blue K Safari Maldives
- Best Crew Team: Marselia Star
- Captain of the Year: Mohamed Naseer, Horizon 3
- Dive Guide of the Year: Fathuhulla Mohamed, Dune Maldives
- Surf Guide of the Year: Ahmed Mauroof, The Perfect Travel Group
- Best Boat Design: Scubaspa Ying
- Best Production (Fibreglass, 5-26ft):
Conquero, Guarantee Fibreglass Fabrication
- Best Production (Fibreglass, 27-40ft): AS Coast Craft, Al Shaali Marine Maldives
- Best Production (Fibreglass, 26-40m): Dive Craft Cruiser 53, Mac Board Yard
- Marine Engineering Service Provider of the Year: VAM Co.
- Dockyard/Slipway of the Year: Al Shaali Marine Maldives
- Best Liveaboard Yacht Builder: Waterline Maldives
- Liveaboard Travel Agent/Tour Operator of the Year: Maldives Holiday Collections
- Most Preferred Insurance Provider of the Year: Allied Insurance
- Special Award for Contributions to the Marine Industry: Maldives Marine Expo
- Boating Personality of the Year: Ismail Hameed
The gala was officiated by the economic minister Mr. Fayyaz Ismail. Furthermore, several other ministers and senior government officials as well as industry leaders attended the ceremony.
Liveaboard Association of Maldives (LAM), is on its fourth consecutive year of acknowledging the strength of the boating industry and the services rendered by the service providers at the Maldives Boating awards.
The awards are presented in 27 categories, across various sectors and standards. These awards are aimed to encourage and raise service standards within the Maldives boating industry.