HDC Beyond Hulhumale is an initiative bringing forward 23 years of experiences in planning and development of a smart & green city, thereby contributing HDC’s knowledge across other regions of the Maldives.
The aim is to support integrated planning efforts in urban development among other regions to help cities grow sustainably. Together, city councils, relevant authorities and HDC will work towards ensuring a better life for the communities.
HDC aims to position itself as the master developer and extend the scope to other urban developments with diversified experience portfolio by reflecting on the development of Hulhumale’. HDC will broaden its interface beyond the company’s scope and strategic goals in alignment with Government SAP of Decentralization and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of UNDP.
- Business Creation
- Technology & Innovation
- Livable & Urban Planning
- Commercial Real Estate Investment
- Smart Solutions, Digitization & ICT
- Community Development
- Municipal Solutions & Township Management
- Infrastructure Development
Government Strategic Action Plan- Decentralization strategies
- Ensure local councils have sufficient financial resources
- Increase the autonomy of local councils in the utilization of resources in their jurisdiction, including land, lagoons and beaches and support their own revenue generation
- Provide councils with adequate authority to manage human resources in council administration
- Increase knowledge, awareness and evidence to support advocacy on local governance.
Areas for Contribution
- Technology and Innovation
- Project Formulation and Financing
- Professional services and technical support
This initiative presents equal opportunities for other regions of the country in many ways;
- Access to a unique resource pool
- Eliminating resource exploitations
- Smart & digital solutions
- Socio-economic benefits
- Attracting investors to your region