Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO) have released their plans for the year 2018. They are expected to participate in no less than 19 international travel trade fairs and exhibitions respectively. Below is a detailed list:
1. Tehran International Tourism Exhibition in Tehran, Iran (January 23-26)
2. South Asian Travel and Trade Exhibition (SATTE) in New Delhi, India (January 31 to February 2)
3. Tourest in Tallinn, Estonia (February 9-11)
4. Thai International Travel Fair (TITF) in Bangkok, Thailand (February 7-11)
5. International Mediterranean Tourism Market in Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel (February 6- 7)
6. Bit Milano in Milan, Italy (February 11-13)
7. Outbound Travel Roadshow Middle East in Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman (February 11-15)
8. Ukraine International Travel and Tourism in Kiev, Ukraine (March 20-22)
9. Outbound Travel Roadshow India in Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi (March 19-22)
10. Vietnam International Travel Mart in Ha Noi, Vietnam (April 29 to May 1)
11. Azerbaijan International Travel and Tourism Fair (AITF) in Baku, Azerbaijan (April 5-7)
12. World Travel Fair China in Shanghai, China (April 19-22)
13. Taipei Tourism Expo in Taipei, Taiwan (May 4-7)
14. Indaba Tourism Fair in Durban, South Africa (May 8-10)
15. International Travel Expo (ITE) in Hong Kong (June 14-17)
16. US Roadshow in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle (August)
17. PATA Travel Mart in Langkawi, Malaysia (September 12-14)
18. Outbound Travel Roadshow Southeast Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta and Manila (October 1-5)
19. Brussels Travel Expo in Brussels, Belgium (December 11-12)
MATATO revealed recently said that they are to spearhead efforts going into the near year having announced their plans to launch an annual travel agents guide, hosting Maldives Travel Awards and launching a special report on the importance of destination marketing.
MATATO has already opened up registration for the multi-city Outbound Travel Roadshow in the Middle East and India respectively.
As part of the destination marketing efforts by MATATO, it has increased its participation in travel trade events around the world. Along with its partners and tourism industry representatives, MATATO has showcased Maldives at no less than 15 international travel trade shows and exhibitions over the past 12 months.