This month, Housing Development Corporation (HDC) will be opening applications for the Vinares flats developed in Hulhumale’ Phase II.
The majority of the flats under the Vinares project are reserved for Male’ registered residents. However, 100 apartments have been reserved for those who are not registered in Male’ but have been living in the city for 15 years.
The general requirements for the Vinares flats are:
- Being a registered resident of the city,
- Not bound to an agreement to purchase a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet,
- Must not be making any payments for the purchase of a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet,
- Must not have sold any residential property of 600 square feet or more in the city within the last three years,
- Must not have previously owned a house under any government housing project.
The Vinares Flat project is targeted towards those with middle-class incomes. The construction of the flats began during the administration of former President Abdulla Yameen, with 10 towers of 13 storeys each.
The towers have 1,344 three-bedroom apartments, each apartment between 883 and 902 sqft in size. The units will be sold at a price between MVR 2.5 million and MVR 2.7 million. Those who pay in instalments will pay twice the price over many years.