IGMH has advised not to visit the hospital as there has been a rise in the number of cases of common cold and chickenpox. The Hospital has instructed everyone to take precautionary measures.
In a recent press statement released by the IGMH stated that there has been an increase in the number of cases diagnosed with chickenpox and the common cold. They have also highlighted that it is not advisable to visit the hospital unless for medical consultation.
Chickenpox can be easily transmitted through people who live in the same house as the infected patients, and it can be transmitted even if the person shows no symptoms of the disease. This disease is easily transmitted to kids, old people and people with weak immune systems.
The hospital has released precaution measures to take until the situation returns to normal:
- Covering your face while sneezing and coughing
- Wash your hands with soap and hand sanitizers as much as possible
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes without washing your hand
- Use marks as advised by the medical experts if there are symptoms of cold such as coughing and sneezing
- Safe disposal of used masks and tissues
It is very important to get the necessary vaccination to prevent these kinds of diseases. Medical experts have advised getting vaccinations against chickenpox, influenza, and MR vaccination to prevent measles.