Ooredoo Maldives has opened applications for the position of Director to represent the general shareholders on the Board of Directors of the Company.
Applicants for the position of the Director representing the general shareholders on the Board of Ooredoo Maldives should meet the below criteria:-
- Must be a shareholder of Ooredoo Maldives or be nominated by a legal entity shareholder of Ooredoo Maldives (nominations by a legal entity shareholder should be supported by a board resolution of such shareholder)
- Possess the qualifications and competencies specified in the Companies Act 2023 (Act No.: 7/2023) (the “Companies Act”) and regulations made thereunder and the Corporate Governance Code (the “CG Code”) issued by the Capital Market Development Authority of the Maldives, including the criteria set out therein for an Independent Director
- Meet the “Fit and Proper” Guidelines for Directors of Listed Companies (“Fit and Proper Guidelines”) issued by the Capital Market Development Authority of the Maldives
- Be a Degree holder from an internationally recognized university
- Have at least 10 (ten) years of experience of serving in a senior position within the public or private sector in the Maldives or internationally
- Have experience of being a Board Director of at least one active company and can show a record of contribution to such company
- Currently not serving as a Board Director of more than 2 (two) companies listed on the Maldives Stock Exchange
- Must not have served on the board of a competitor of Ooredoo Maldives’ or a regulator, unless a minimum period of 12 (twelve) months has elapsed from the date of leaving the aforementioned role or position with the competitor or from the regulator
- Must not be a current employee of Ooredoo Maldives or a competitor or a regulator
- Must not have been an employee of Ooredoo Maldives or a competitor or a regulator within the past 12 (twelve) months
- Any immediate family member (spouse and children) should not be an employee of Ooredoo Maldives or a competitor
- Should not have a conflict of interest and must be able to make independent and impartial decisions
- In the judgement of the NRC, be well qualified to carry out his/her duties as a Board Director which shall include but not be limited to:-
- integrity in personal and professional dealings
- wisdom and ability to take appropriate decisions
- ability to read and understand financial statements and reports
- an acknowledged record of business acumen and achievement to effectively contribute to the Company’s management
- ability to deal with others with a sense of responsibility, firmness and cooperation
- ability to interact with and consult with the Company’s employees to achieve high management standards
- a track record of a range of skills and experience as well as the ability to think strategically and with foresight.
For the purpose of encouragement of gender diversity on the Board of Directors, Ooredoo Maldives welcomes and encourages applications from women.
The Nomination and Remuneration Committee (“NRC”) of the Company will evaluate the applications and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will select and communicate the details of eligible applicants to the shareholders along with the Notice & Agenda which will be made available during February 2024 for the AGM to be held in March 2024.
Shareholders present at the AGM, can vote in person or through a proxy (each shareholder or proxy is entitled to one vote if voting by a show of hands or one vote for each share held by that shareholder where voting is by poll). The applicant with the highest number of votes will be elected as the Director representing the general shareholders on the Board of Directors of the Company.
Pursuant to Clause 110(b) of the Articles, the Director elected by the general members shall hold office from the AGM at which elected to the commencement of the third AGM thereafter. Therefore, the Director elected at the AGM held in March 2024 shall hold office until the commencement of the AGM to be held in 2026.
All applicants are requested to submit a duly completed application form along with the documents listed therein. The application form is made available on our website https://www.ooredoo.mv/investors or can be obtained from “here”.
Applications are to be submitted to Ooredoo Maldives Headquarters, Ground Floor, Bageechaa Hingun, Hulhumalé, in a sealed envelope labelled “Application for Board Director” or sent via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10:00 hours on Monday, 29 th January 2024.
For more information, applicants may contact Ms. Arushee Mohamed, Head of Investor Relations via mobile +960 961-1657 or email to email@example.com