Applications are now open for “GOLD 100” nominations which will be a list of leading 100 companies of the Maldives. The deadline for submission of forms is 30th September 2016.
“GOLD 100” is a list of leading 100 business entities in the Maldives, published by Corporate Maldives at the end of every year. The selection criterion ensures that the selection process is transparent and unbiased so as to reflect that the entities on the list are indeed the Maldives’ “Gold 100”.
“GOLD 100” is not intended to rank business entities, but is devised to be a selection of the leading business entities. As such, the list would be published in alphabetical order. The businesses must fulfil two levels of selection criteria:
1. The first is a set of basic conditions that businesses must fulfil in order to qualify for the list. All businesses fulfilling these conditions are then evaluated for selection to the final list.
2. The second is the criteria set out for the evaluation of businesses.
Below is the basic checklist of requirements that businesses must fulfil.
1. Must be a registered corporate entity
One of the essential features of The Gold List is that it is a selection of corporate entities. Therefore, individual business owners are excluded from the list regardless of their scale of operation.
2. Must be a Maldivian business
All entities on the list will be registered in the Maldives. This does not include foreign companies and partnerships re-registered in the Maldives.
3. Must be registered on or before 31 March 2012
This is to ensure that entities on the list are established and in the business for at least 5 years.
4. Must have an annual revenue of more than MVR 5 million
In order to verify that the scale of operation of entities on the list, this criterion is set to enable the verification of their revenue through the audited financial statements. The entity must have revenue of MVR 5 million during the financial year 2015.
Businesses fulfilling the criteria set above would be evaluated based on the following:
1. Scale of Business Operations
– Volume of sales
– Number of employees
– Number of business activities
– Geographical spread
– Growth and expansion of business
– History of business success
– Introduction of new products to their respective market
4. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
– Contribution of time and effort put by the business for the betterment of the community and the environment
5. Compliance with laws
– Success of business within the requirements of the law
In order to have a fair representation of all business sectors on the list, businesses will feature on “GOLD 100” as per the following:
– Tourist resorts
– Tourist hotels
– Tourist guesthouses
– Travel agents
– Diving and water sports activities
– Wholesale and retail trade
– Food service activities
– Information and communication
– Financial and insurance
– Real estate
– Education and healthcare
– Professional services
– Technical services
– Arts, entertainment and recreation
CTL Strategies LLP, a leading tax advisory firm in the Maldives has been appointed as a consultant for criteria evaluation of “GOLD 100”. CTL Strategies offers a comprehensive range of tax and legal advisory services to a rapidly expanding client base including family run businesses, high net-worth individuals, SME’s to accounting and law firms, local and multinational companies.
Getting listed on “GOLD 100” is entirely FREE. Download Application Form here. GOLD 100 INFO SHEET
Deadline for application for nominations – 30th September 2016
For more details, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +960 3011720